Cellucor C4 Review
Cellucor C4 is one of the most popular pre-workout supplements on the planet, and it’s easy to see why. The shiny packaging and the tagline “The Original Explosive Pre-Workout” are difficult to ignore.
Having worldwide distribution, C4 has dominated the pre-workout supplement market for several years. The Generation 3 and 4 versions were bestsellers here at Supplement Superstore, and their new 5th generation ID Series C4 Original formula is on track to dominate just as its predecessors did.
In a few words, the presentation is second to none. The shiny exterior and big, bold C4 letters on the front of the bottle are hard to miss. Cellucor C4 pre-workout captures your attention right when you see it.
The taste of the Cellucor C4 pre-workout is striking. The flavours I tried, including Icy Blue Razz, Fruit Punch, and Pink Lemonade, were all very pronounced but did not give the impression of being overly artificial. Cellucor also features Cherry Limeade.
Each flavour of Cellucor C4 pre-workout did offer something a little different; however, I found the Pink Lemonade to be the most refreshing pre-workout, whereas the Icy Blue Razz has a pleasant sweet blue raspberry taste.
Having experienced many pre-workouts on the market, one scoop of Cellucor C4 pre-workout was not enough for me. At this dose, the beta-alanine and caffeine content were a bit low. That being said, at two scoops, the doses get a lot closer to the studied, effective doses of a number of the ingredients found in Cellucor C4 pre-workout.
At one scoop, the Cellucor C4 would be a great pre-workout supplement for beginners as it offers everything you’re looking for, including beta-alanine for endurance, caffeine and Teacrine for long-lasting energy, Creatine Nitrate (NO3-T) and L-Arginine for pump, as well as N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine for focus.
Personally, I would’ve liked to see a higher dose of L-Arginine and N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine in the Cellucor C4 pre-workout, as these numbers are a little low. Overall, Cellucor C4 pre-workout does cover all the bases and is a solid pre-workout supplement.
- One of the most recognizable pre-workout supplements worldwide.
- Self-touted as America’s #1 selling pre-workout. In fairness, this is probably the best-selling pre-workout supplement worldwide.
- Great energy, including Teacrine, that kept me going through a tough workout.
- A complete pre-workout supplement that offers pump, energy, focus, and endurance.
- Experienced pre-workout users would most likely need two scoops. This can diminish the value of the product.
- Some of the doses of the ingredients aren’t where they need to be. This product is more focused on beginners, as mentioned previously. More experienced pre-workout users may want to consider using Cellucor C4 Ultimate instead.
- The chrome bottle may capture your attention every time you open your supplement cupboard, it’s difficult to ignore!
Final Thoughts & Rating
Cellucor can’t be faulted on their approach to their C4 pre-workout supplement. It hits all the right areas and offers everything you should be looking for in a pre-workout. I would personally be reaching for the C4 Ultimate as my go-to pre-workout supplement from Cellucor, as it features higher doses of the active ingredients, so it is geared towards a more experienced pre-workout user.
I don't want to write a bio for myself, so instead I'll leave you with an appropriate quote...
Our minds influence the key activity of the brain, which then influences everything; perception, cognition, thoughts and feelings, personal relationships; they're all a projection of you.
- Deepak Chopra
Indian-born American author, public speaker, alternative medicine advocate.