Six Supplements for People on the Go
“People on the go.” It’s kind of a funny way to say “everybody,” because who isn’t on the go? Whether you have a career that keeps you busy or you’re chasing kids all day, you’re on the go. Many people know that healthy lifestyle choices can help fight conditions like heart disease, and yet they feel they are too busy to cook and exercise.
In one Canadian online survey:
- 44% of people said they do not have time to exercise
- 41% of people said that healthy meals require too big of a time commitment
- 51% of people said that fast food options do not have enough healthy food choices
Your health and fitness are important to you. You understand that a healthy body makes for a long, happy life. You’re not alone if your health and fitness fall to the backburner when you’re unable to find quick and easy ways to maintain. It doesn’t make you any less dedicated! We know this is true for many people, so Supplement Superstore has your back with these six supplements. We carry meal replacement protein powders and other supplements that will help you keep up your healthy lifestyle without missing a beat.
Our Favorite Meal Replacement Protein Powders
What it is: A powder supplement that packs amino acids, CLA, and green coffee extract into one sugar-free beverage with an amazing taste. Allmax A:Cuts is available in flavours including blue raspberry, goji berry martini, watermelon, grape, orange, pink lemonade, pina colada, cotton candy, and sweet tea. Other diet-promoting ingredients include taurine and l-carnitine.
What it does: You get tons of benefits from just one supplement.
- Taurine is a non-essential amino acid found abundantly throughout the human body, particularly in the brain, eyes, and muscles. It has no known side-effects, and its roles include maintaining hydration and balance of electrolytes, aiding in digestion, regulating calcium and other minerals, supporting nervous system function, regulating antioxidants, and immune health. In addition, taurine may help blood sugar regulation, reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, and high blood pressure. Lastly, taurine as a sports supplement may increase the muscle’s ability to do work, aid in recovery, and contribute to increased fat burning during exercise.
- CLA, naturally found in grass-fed animals and vegetable oils, is a dietary supplement that’s proven to aid in the prevention of excess dietary fats stored in cells. Typically, dietary fat consumed throughout the day enters cells through a door managed by an enzyme. CLA uses the enzyme as a lock so that fat cannot enter the cell. This process reduces the amount of fat in your body.
- Green coffee extract brings you a huge dose of antioxidants. Antioxidants are a substance that helps reduce and slow damage to the cells. Green coffee extract may help to aid in fat loss by reducing insulin spikes and boosting fat metabolism.
How to use: Use one to two scoops anytime you need an energy boost. Try Allmax A:Cuts in the morning instead of your typical cup of coffee, as a pre-workout boost, or as a midday pick-me-up.
What it is: This meal replacement supplement is ketogenic diet-friendly pancake and waffle mix that brings you seven grams of protein, fifteen grams of fats, and only one gram of carbs.
The keto diet is a current diet trend where you eat very low carb and high fats. The reduction of carbs then puts your body in a state of ketosis. When the body is in ketosis, it becomes incredibly efficient at burning fat for energy.
What it does: Gives those who have committed to the keto diet the opportunity to eat a beloved breakfast without sacrificing their diet and goals! Pancakes with only one gram of sugar on the keto diet? Who knew! Available in buttermilk, chocolate chip, banana, blueberry, and apple cinnamon.
- MCT oils, or medium-chain triglycerides from coconut oil, promote weight loss, fuel your brain with instant energy, reduce lactate build-up in athletes, and fight yeast and bacteria build-up. MCT oil may also reduce your risk of heart disease and control blood sugar.
How to use: Mix one cup of ANS Performance Keto Pancake Mix with 90 ml of water. Let stand for about three minutes so the batter can thicken and then pour onto a hot griddle or frying pan. Cook until bubbles stop forming and then flip. Cook for an additional minute and then enjoy a super-fast and convenient breakfast (or breakfast for dinner - you do you) that fits your keto diet!
Pro tip: For an additional boost of protein, add in your favourite protein powder before mixing the batter.
3. Mammoth Meal
What it is: A super-food protein powder supplement that can be used as a meal replacement for people on the go or a post-workout protein powder. This delicious protein powder uses E-Z dosing to customize the macronutrients you’re getting. One scoop equals 100 calories, ten grams of protein, ten grams of carbs, and 2.25 grams of fat. Combine up to four scoops of protein powder into a single shake to easily hit your macro goals. Available in chocolate fudge brownie, vanilla ice cream, and strawberry shortcake.
Pro tip: 1-2 scoops for a post-workout protein powder shake, 2-4 scoops for a meal replacement shake.
What it does: In a single protein powder, you get:
- BCAA and EAA to help improve your performance and aid in your recovery.
- Probiotics to help increase the healthy bacteria in your gut. When your gut-bacteria balance is out of whack, it can lead to digestive issues, allergies, obesity, and even mental health issues. Supplements with probiotics can help prevent and treat digestive issues. They can also improve mental health conditions like depression and anxiety, improve your heart health, reduce the severity of allergies, boost your immune system, and help you lose weight and belly fat.
- Fruits and greens to easily increase the amount of fruits and veggies you’re consuming in a day, and all the benefits that come along with it. The daily recommendation is five to thirteen servings of fruits and vegetables per day, but that can be difficult to achieve. Supplementing is a great way to help reach that goal.
- Electrolytes to improve nerve function, hydrate, balance your body’s pH, and repair damaged tissue.
- Enough carbs, protein, and fats to adequately replace a meal.
Equally as important as what’s in your protein powder is what is not in it. With this meal replacement shake, you skip the banned substances, gluten, peanuts, maltodextrin, artificial dyes and colours, and soy.
How to use: Take Mammoth Meal as a meal replacement for breakfast, post-workout protein powder, a midday snack, or as a meal replacement shake for lunch or dinner on the go.
What it is: A super tasty low carb, high protein snack, or meal replacement bar.
What it does: These protein bars give you a meal replacement, an alternative to protein powder, or a mid-day snack all in one. Grenade Carb Killa uses a special baking process to bring you superior texture and taste compared to your average protein supplement. Available in chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies and cream, fudge brownie, peanut butter, white chocolate salted peanut, white chocolate cookie, dark chocolate mint, dark chocolate raspberry, and jaffa quake. You get 23 grams of protein with about 15 grams of carbs and nine grams of fat.
How to use: Combine Grenade Carb Killa Protein Bars with an apple or cheese for a suitable meal replacement, or enjoy as a snack to get you through the day.
What it is: 100% wheat grass in an unflavoured supplement powder.
What it does: Effortlessly gives your body the benefits of up to nine servings of vegetables, including:
- Vitamins A, B, C, E, and K aid in hundreds of processes in your body, including improved teeth, bone, and skin health, healthy metabolism, cell repair and turnover, and blood health.
- Seventeen amino acids to help your body heal and repair, create new muscle, tissues, and skin cells. Amino acids also provide your body with energy and aid in digestion.
- Iron to help your body transport oxygen to the blood and assist in lots of other body processes.
- Wheat grass also supports red blood cells, detoxifies your liver, and boosts your metabolism. When taken before or after a meal, wheat grass can even discourage overeating and balance your body’s pH.
How to use: Take NovaForme Wheat Grass once a day in the morning, or before or after a meal.
What it is: A supplement that combines natural vitamins and other substances that help your body fall into quality deep sleep fast.
What it does: Helps you get quality, restorative, deep sleep to battle the fatigue and stress that can come hand-in-hand with a busy lifestyle.
- Vitamin B6 to regulate sleep cycles.
- Valerian root acts as a gentle sedative.
- L-Theanine, the calming component in tea.
- GABA helps your body get more deep sleep.
- Chamomile promotes gentle relaxation.
- 5-HTP increases serotonin, a neurotransmitter that contributes to feelings of wellbeing and happiness.
- Passionflower, which increases GABA.
- Melatonin, which realigns the sleep cycle.
How to use: Take two Allmax Lights Out capsules before bed and ease into that glorious deep sleep your body needs to heal and recover from normal wear and tear.
Supplement Superstore Pro-Tips
Combine supplements to get all the benefits with minimal effort. Mix A:Cuts with Wheat Grass to drink alongside your Keto pancakes for a quick and easy breakfast.
Enjoy Mammoth Meal as a meal replacement protein powder instead of lunch on a busy day.
Throw a Gorilla Carb Killa protein bar in your gym back and eat it as you head to the gym.
What is a Meal Replacement?
We’ve offered up several of our favourite supplements for people on the go. Many of them are meal replacements. So what do we mean by meal replacement? A good meal replacement supplement has:
- 200-400 calories
- Approximately five grams of fat
- Ten to twenty grams of protein
- Ten to twenty grams of carbs
- Fiber, vitamins, and minerals
- Excessive added sugar
- Hydrogenated oils
- Artificial flavours and chemicals
While you may feel tempted to use any old protein powder or supplement you have on hand as a meal replacement, you may want to double-check the nutrition label. Many protein powders are skimpy on carbs and calories, as their goal is to deliver the most protein they can without adding much of anything else to a person’s diet. This is great for the person who simply needs a protein boost after their workout. However, for someone that is looking for a true meal replacement, regular protein powders won’t bring lasting energy, as they lack the carbs and other nutrients to do so.
Why Meal Replacements?
We love meal replacement supplements for people on the go, but especially for people on the go who are trying to maintain their current physique or even to lose weight. Meal replacements offer a variety of nutrients, an adequate serving of protein, all in an easy-to-consume way, like a protein powder or a bar. Unlike a regular protein powder, a meal replacement protein powder offers all of the nutrients of a meal while keeping the calories relatively low.
Throw a meal replacement bar in your bag to consume on a drive, or pack some of your meal replacement protein powder in your shaker bottle and add water or your choice of milk.
Supplements Help Busy People Stay Healthy
At Supplement Superstore, we believe in the power of supplements to help people reach their goals. We believe that supplements are the key to balancing a busy life with a healthy one. Between protein powders, meal replacements, and greens, it’s possible to give your body all the macro and micronutrients it needs to thrive without the stress and time commitment.
Supplement Superstore stocks only the most trusted brands and the best products, so when you shop with us, you know you’re getting only quality supplements. We pair our great brands with our awesome customer service, and we know you’ll love us. Stay healthy, and keep busy!