Supplements That Burn Fat Naturally
Tons of people hit the gym and browse wellness stores looking for help to meet their goal: get rid of stubborn body fat. It’s easy to say, but if you’ve ever tried to do it, you know that losing weight is tough. The most important factor in losing bodyweight is to be in a calorie deficit on most days. That is, to be using more energy (or calories) than you are consuming. This can be done by consuming fewer calories, increasing calorie expenditure through exercise, or a combination of both.
While how much you are eating and burning is the most important factor in whether or not you will lose body fat, there are also supplements that burn fat naturally. Let’s go over some common fat burners you may come across on Supplement Superstore.
L-Carnitine: Use Stored Body Fat for Energy
Often sold as a fat burning supplement, L-Carnitine is an amino acid that naturally shows up in your body as a fat burner. Its role is to help move fatty acids to the mitochondria of the cell, where they burn as energy. Logically, it makes sense why L-Carnitine would be a fat burner, but studies have mixed results. Our favourite fat burning supplements containing L-Carnitine are:
- Beyond Yourself Keto Ice - a thermogenic fat burner that combines L-Carnitine and ketones to help your body oxidize fat and get lean.
- Allmax L-Carnitine L-Tartrate -Prevent your body from storing fat with this fat burning supplement in capsule form.
- Allmax Liquid L-Carnitine - Get the fat burning supplement L-Carnitine from Allmax in convenient liquid form.
CLA: A Healthy Omega That Burns Fat
CLA or Conjugated Linoleic Acid is a common fat burning supplement. CLA is an omega-6 fatty acid found in meat and dairy products. Some studies show that in humans, CLA caused a significant drop in body fat while increasing muscle mass. Our favourite CLA fat burning supplements are:
- PVL Isolated CLA 1000 - Pure Vita Labs brings you the full 1000 mg dose of CLA in a single capsule. These pills help to tackle the main problem people face when using CLA as a natural fat burner - most supplemental forms of CLA do not have a high enough dose of CLA to be effective. With this PVL supplement, you know you’re getting an effective dose.
- Allmax CLA 95 - Allmax derives CLA from safflower oil to give your body the benefits of this natural fat burner.
Green Tea: An Antioxidant Packed Fat Burner
Green tea has a variety of factors that contribute to its ability to help the human body burn fat naturally. EGCG is the primary antioxidant in green tea, and it tells hormone levels to increase, which encourages the breakdown of body fat. The fat then releases into the bloodstream to use for energy. We love:
- PVL Green Tea EGCG Gold+ - This natural fat burning supplement brings you all the power, energy, and antioxidants of green tea to help your body burn fat and feel energized.
Protein: Maintain Muscle to Burn Fat
An important factor for any weight loss goal is protein. Dropping down calories while maintaining your protein intake is crucial to not losing your lean body mass. What’s more, increasing your muscle mass helps your body to burn more fat naturally. This is because muscles burn more energy than fat, so the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn. We love these protein supplements that combine the importance of maintaining lean body mass with weight management properties.
- ANS Performance Diablo Protein - This protein supplement combines low fat and low sugar content with high protein content to give you a protein powder that not only supports your muscles and recovery, but also aids in fat burning.
- Allmax Isoflex Protein - Chose this protein powder for the best tasting, low fat, low sugar, low lactose, and most easily absorbed protein.
BCAA: Build Muscle to Burn Fat
Branched-chain amino acids or BCAAs are helpful on the journey to fat loss in the same way that protein is. BCAAs are leucine, isoleucine, and valine, and they are the building blocks of muscles. They are “essential” because your body needs BCAAs for many processes, including building muscle, and you can only get them through your diet. Check out these BCAA supplements to aid in fat loss:
- Beyond Yourself Amino IQ - This BCAA supplement combines great candy flavours with the powerful benefits of BCAAs, including increased cognitive performance and focus, enhancing performance and endurance, relieving fatigue, and building more muscle.
- PVL 100% Pure BCAA - This is the best choice for tested athletes as PVL’s BCAAs are banned substance tested and informed-choice certified.
- ANS Performance Quench BCAA - ANS’s BCAAs bring you the power of BCAAs and the hydration of coconut water and pink Himalayan salt.
Protein Bars: Stop Excessive Snacking
Our final favourite supplement to help burn fat naturally is one you may not have expected. Protein bars are a great way to help you maintain your calorie deficit while also contributing to hitting your protein goals. Just grab a bar as a meal replacement or a snack instead of some higher-calorie options. Protein bars have come a long way, and they’re no longer gross, gritty, hard to chew lumps. Now, they taste almost as good as a candy bar. Here are some of our favourites:
- Grenade Carb Killa Protein Bar - Informed-choice certified, low carb and high protein
- ONE Bar - Great taste, low sugar, high protein, and high fiber
- Quest Protein Bar – A variety of flavours, plenty of protein, with no added sugar
- MTS Nutrition Outright Bar - Super tasty and made with whole foods to give you lots of protein, plus lots of carbs make it a suitable meal replacement bar
Burn Fat Naturally With the Help of Supplements
We know that the goal of losing fat and getting shredded is an ambitious one. Sports supplements can make achieving that goal a little easier by giving your body some extra tools to take on the challenge. You can add these supplements, like BCAAs and green tea extract, to help your body safely burn through it’s fat and crush your goals.