Supplements to Help Boost Your Immune System
We’re living in an unprecedented time. With Covid-19, aka Coronavirus, encouraging self-isolation, quarantine, social distancing, and additional hygiene, what supplements can help increase your immunity and boost your immune system? Here at Supplement Superstore, we have a great selection of the best supplements to help boost your immune system and stay healthy at this time and at any time.
Powdered greens and fruit supplements are great at helping your immune system by providing high levels of antioxidants, as well as key vitamins and minerals. Each scoop gives you the immune-boosting power of six to eight concentrated servings of vegetable and fruit nutrients to help keep your body alkaline and your immune system strong! Think of greens supplements as an insurance policy for your body - it doesn't mean you should stop eating your fruits and veggies, but it does make sure you’re topped up on all the essential nutrients and minerals your body needs to stay strong and keep your immune system revving!
Here at Supplement Superstore, we have a many greens products that can help.
- Allmax Naturals CytoGreens
- Allmax Naturals CytoGreens is a premium green superfood powder that is gluten-free, soy-free, and non-GMO. It’s designed for athletes and includes the goodness of six servings of greens, including spinach, spirulina, and wheat grass.
- North Coast Naturals Daily Greens
- NCN Daily Greens is your complete greens powder with additional sea vegetables and fruit nutrients. It offers a high ORAC value with everything you need to keep your immune system in good order.
- Beyond Yourself GrEAAns
- Beyond Yourself went one step further with their greens product by adding in a full dose of EAAs (essential amino acids). This is one of the best tasting greens products on the market today!
Glutamine is often neglected when thinking about supplements to boost your immune system. Glutamine is one of the most crucial amino acids in the human body and has great benefits for preserving muscle and boosting immune cell functionality. Immune cells need glutamine to function, so supplementing with glutamine is a must to help your immune and digestive systems function at their peak.
Glutamine is typically an unflavoured powder that is practically tasteless and can be mixed with just about anything. Check out a couple of our top glutamine supplements below.
- Allmax Glutamine
- Available in three sizes, plus a convenient capsule version.
- ANS Performance Glutamine
- ANS is one of our most trusted brands here at Supplement Superstore. Their glutamine powder is pharmaceutical grade and micronized for quick and efficient absorption by the body.
- PVL 100% Pure Glutamine
- Available in unflavoured, as well as stevia sweetened options that can easily be mixed with your favourite supplement stack, or taken on its own.
Multivitamins and Minerals
Just like the greens supplements above, vitamin and mineral supplements are a great tool to keep your immune system charged and your body functioning optimally. Providing your body with all the right micronutrients is like the oil in your engine; it ensures all your systems are functioning properly, and your body has the virus-fighting fuel it needs to remain healthy.
- Magnum Nutraceuticals Primer Packs
- Magnum Primer Packs are your ultimate once-a-day dose that ensures your body is topped up on everything it needs. Including a powerful multivitamin formula, digestion aid, as well as an omega-3, 6 and 9 blend, and a hydration formula to keep your electrolyte levels where they need to be.
- Mammoth Multi (For Men)
- Mammoth Multi packs a full antioxidant system and vitality complex, including a liver support component. It supports health, virility, and liver detoxification, all in one complete formula.
- Femme Fit VitaFemme (For Women)
- Men and women have different vitamin and mineral needs, and VitaFemme has covered this by offering a complete two-a-day multivitamin that is specifically designed for women. Featuring ten essential vitamins as well as additional antioxidants and defence nutrients to support immune function.
A Word on Protein Supplements
Protein supplementation is also key to keeping your body healthy. Due to its amino acid breakdown, not only does protein help build and maintain muscle, as well as assist in weight loss, it also contains other amino acids to assist your body in staying healthy. These amino acids can help in several ways, including:
- Decreasing stress and depression
- Lowering blood pressure
- Lowering blood sugar
- Increasing bone density
Check out ANS Performance N-Pro protein powder, as it offers a sustained release of protein with breakdown over eight hours and includes great sources, including whey protein, egg protein, and casein protein.
We hope this supplement guide can help get you started on improving your immune system and immune health during this unprecedented time. Stay healthy and safe, and we’ll all be back at the gym in no time!