Workout Motivation for When You are Feeling Unmotivated
How do you deal when you wake up and know you should at least get a quick sweat session in, but your bed just feels so much more inviting? As with everything else health and fitness-related—we’ve got you! Here are our favourite ways to beat the burnout and get pumped up to crush your workout, including workout motivation quotes and an awesome playlist to work out to!
Our Five Favourite Workout Motivation Quotes
A good quote can frame things differently or shine a new light on an old thought. They work for work, school, and life in general. Sometimes, a good workout motivation quote is all it takes to switch your brain into workout mode and get you excited about your goals.
Here are our favourite motivational quotes:
- “Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.” –Vince Lombardi Jr
- “Success is what comes after you stop making excuses.” –Luis Galarza
- “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” –Jerry Rice
- “You’re only one workout away from a good mood.” –Unknown
- “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion.” –Arnold Schwarzenegger
If workout motivational quotes don’t do it for you, try relying on those social media influencers! Pull up your favourite’s profile and scroll through their feed. You’ll probably get the urge to work out before too long! Just make sure the people you’re following make you feel good about yourself, too, because the last thing anyone needs is to feel bullied and shamed into working out.
A Bomb Playlist to Work Out To
Another great way to get some workout motivation is to listen to music that gets you pumped! Music is scientifically proven to make you work out harder and longer, and if that’s true, you can also use it to get you in the mood to sweat.
Here’s our current favourite playlist to work out to:
- Save Your Tears - The Weekend and Ariana Grande
- Good as Hell - Lizzo
- Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish
- Levitating - Dua Lipa
- Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
- Circles - Post Malone
- Famous Friends - Chris Young and Kane Brown
- Peaches - Justin Bieber
- Bad Guy - Billie Eilish
- Formation - Beyonce
- Déjà Vu - Olivia Rodrigo
- Till I Collapse - Eminem
- Forget Me Too - Machine Gun Kelly
- Heat Waves - Glass Animals
- Drunk (And I Don’t Wanna Go Home) - Elle King and Miranda Lambert
- Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
- Dance Monkey - Tones and I
- Nightmare - Halsey
- Leave The Door Open - Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak, and Silk Sonic
- ILY - Surf Mesa, Emilee, and ARTY
- Positions - Ariana Grande
- Mood - 24kGoldn, Iann Dior
- My Ex’s Bestfriend - Machine Gun Kelly and Blackbear
- Track Star - Mooski
- Nice to Meet Ya - Wes Nelson and Yxng Bane
- Work B-tch - Britney Spears
Put on the outfit you feel best in, turn this playlist up, and move your body! Feeling good, getting your body moving, and playing songs that pump you up is a sure-fire way to get ready for the gym or your run. This playlist to work out should help you crush a workout that lasts approximately 90 minutes.
Switch up Your Routine to Boost Workout Motivation
If quotes and music can’t get you excited for the workout you’re dreading, perhaps you should look at switching up the way you’re exercising. While dreading your workout every now and then is completely normal, if you lack workout motivation before every workout, you should stop and try a different way to get in and stay in shape. Working out should not be something that you have to do; it should be something you get to do! So, stop doing what you hate, and find a way to move your body that you actually enjoy. For example, if you hate running, stop running and try cycling. If boot camp classes irritate you, stop doing them and try lifting weights.
Here’s a list of several different ways to get (or stay) in excellent shape that you might fall in love with:
- Lifting weight
- Hot Yoga
- Climbing Classes
- Running or Walking
- Body Pump, Boot Camp, Cycling, or Other Group Fitness Classes
- HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training)
- Play a Recreational Sport
- Dance Class
Workout with Someone or Adjust Your Schedule
Another excellent way to get motivated could be involving another person. Hire a professional personal trainer to kick your booty. You might find that being pushed is all it takes to re-ignite the fire you once had. If hiring a personal trainer isn’t in your budget or doesn’t work with your schedule, consider finding a workout buddy.
This should be someone you enjoy spending time with who is, ideally, slightly more physically fit than you. If they are, it will encourage you to push a little bit harder! Be careful, though—If they’re crazy advanced and you’re a beginner, it won’t work well for either party. You will end up being so sore you can’t move while your buddy is bored to tears.
Lastly, a great tip for beating daily dread is to switch your schedule so you can get your workout done in the morning. While exercising in the evenings works well for some people, others might use all their energy during the day and not have a lot left to spend at the gym.
No Excuses, You've Got This
It’s definitely easier to talk yourself out of a workout at the end of the day. Additionally, if you typically work out in the evening and find that you don’t sleep well or have trouble winding down in the evenings, that late workout might be to blame.
Hopefully, you’ve been able to dig deep, listen to our playlist to work out, read some workout motivational quotes, and get excited about your workout! However, if none of these tips and tricks worked, it might be time to try something new, something that gets you excited about exercising and moving your body.
There are so many ways to stay active; you’re bound to find something you genuinely enjoy. We only get one life and one body. Make it count!