- Sustainably sourced from hardwood and beech poplar trees in the US.
- Use for teeth whitening and facial masks.
- Cruelty-free, and pure – No Fillers.
Organika’s Activated Charcoal powder is an all-natural product to help clean up and revamp your beauty routine. Activated charcoal is versatile, cruelty-free, and sustainably sourced. It can be mixed with water and used as a face mask or brushed on teeth for a quick and effective whitening treatment.
Organika’s Activated Charcoal is uniquely treated with oxygen to expand the product’s carbon pore size, which in turn creates a larger surface area that traps more toxins—a process referred to as “activation.” To give you a reference, 1 gram of Activated Charcoal has 32,000 ft^2 of surface area which is equal to seven hockey rinks. Activated Charcoal has millions of tiny pores where through the process called “adsorption,” elements, toxins, and surface stains get trapped inside the charcoal.
Traditionally Activated Charcoal as an ingredient has been used in medicine since the early 1500’s as a safe and effective way to capture and dispose of toxins from the body naturally. With the help of a process called “adsorption,” medical professionals have been using charcoal for centuries to treat a variety of ailments, from poisoning, treating wounds and detoxification of the complex digestive tract.
- Q: Is your Activated Charcoal tested on animals?
- Organika is a cruelty free brand and we do not test any of our products on animals.
- Q: I’ve seen Charcoal in juice/drink?
- A: Yes, Organika sells to many juicer bars and stores across Canada.
- Q: Is it safe for brushing your teeth with?
- A: On the MOH’s scale of hardness your tooth enamel measures a 5, our powder is the finest grade and only measures a 1-2, thus, it will not damage your teeth, and does not adsorb the calcium salts your tooth enamel is made of.
- Q: Is Bamboo Charcoal better than Wood Charcoal?
- A: Depending on what you are using Charcoal for, they all have similar pore sizes for adsorbing toxins.
- Q: Is this the same black charcoal I have from my BBQ?
- A: No! This is the Activated Form which has undergone a special process to be able to be used. Do not use the charcoal from your BBQ!
- Q: What does FCC mean?
- A: FCC stands for food chemicals codex and our charcoal adheres to this.
Ingredients: Activated Charcoal.
Cautions: Avoid contact with eyes. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.