Helps to temporarily promote relaxation.
- Helps to promote feelings of relaxation
- Non-drowsy alternative to medications
- Can help to balance the effects of stimulants - naturally
- Helps with cognitive function
Relaxation—without the zzz’s. The properties of L-theanine can best be summed up as a relaxing agent without sedation.
L-theanine is a naturally occurring amino acid analogue of glutamate that helps to promote relaxation without adding any components that promote drowsiness. As a result, L-theanine supplementation can help to “take the edge off” of stimulant supplements like caffeine for a more balanced effect. It can also help people fall asleep quicker and easier not by acting as a sedative but by lowering anxiety and promoting relaxation.
L-theanine has also been used to help improve mental focus, learning and concentration. (Less stress means there are lower cortisol and corticosterone in the body, which affects our cognitive functions.)
Due to its calming effects, L-theanine lowers heart rate and blood pressure. It’s also good for children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) as well as those who have been diagnosed with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder.
L-theanine can help maintain a healthy body weight by serving as an anti-anxiety agent and promoting better sleep. These factors aid in helping adhere to diet and weight loss plans.
Q: What is L-theanine?
- A: An amino acid that naturally occurs in tea plants. When taken in sufficient quantity, it has the ability to promote relaxation and reduce stress. Studies show that L-theanine produces calming effects in the brain without causing drowsiness. It may help to improve mental focus, brain function, learning and concentration. L-theanine also may be effective in relieving PMS syndromes.
Q: How does L-theanine work?
- A: L-theanine stimulates the production of alpha brain waves, creating a state of deep relaxation without causing drowsiness. L-theanine is involved in the formation of the neurotransmitter GABA (gamma amino butyric acid). GABA is influential in raising dopamine and serotonin levels. This in turn produces the key relaxation effect associated with taking L-theanine.
Q: Is L-theanine safe?
- A: Excluding infant products, L-theanine has been approved in Japan since 1964 for unlimited use in all other foods (including chocolate, soft drinks and herbal teas). It is used in chewing gum to induce relaxation, literally putting you in better mood. L-theanine has also been used in cosmetics to moisturize the skin.
RECOMMENDED USE OR PURPOSE: Helps to temporarily promote relaxation.
MEDICINAL INGREDIENT – EACH VEGETARIAN CAPSULE CONTAINS:
L-Theanine …………………………………………………….. 225 mg
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Hypromellose / Pullulan (Vegetarian Capsule).
RECOMMENDED DOSE – (ORAL) ADULTS ONLY:
Take 1 capsule per day with a glass of water.
CAUTIONS: Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
CONTAINS NO: Dairy, egg, artificial preservatives, colours, artificial sweeteners, yeast, wheat, corn, or gluten.